View Single Post
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Joined in Apr 2009
6 posts
ejgejgejg
Quote:
Originally Posted by null_value View Post
Please go through the posts above if you can and you will get the answer....In short, if you are not a STEM student (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) then you don't get H1Bs. If you are history, arts etc student then you got to go home after graduation...If you become a lawyer you wont have an H1B visa waiting for you. Please do some basic research...thanks. Moreover, its not easy to get H1B. Perhaps daffodils, ejgejgejg, Carter86, bobinalbuquerque and others can back me up on this by sharing your opinions/experiences.

I graduated in June 2007 with a 4 year degree in Biochemistry, and there is no way I'm getting a H1B visa. The problem is there is so much competition. Entry level college graduates with no experience do not stand a chance. It's not like I can just decide to go to graduate school on an F1/J1 VISA either - due to the non resident tuition costs (I could apply under the Ab540 in Cali but then I couldn't get Graduate school TAships/funding and I would also get a nice 10 year ban for overstaying my i-94 by over 180 days). I'm basically stuck but still researching my options daily.
Post your reply or quote more messages.