View Single Post
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
From New York City
Joined in May 2007
1,249 posts
RahmanIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bok873 View Post
Yeh, i'm quite certain RahmanIV is right about what he says Peija. I'm going to make sure one more time and calculate it with my lawyer though. im 24 now

And allihaveisadream, 03.01-2006 is the date being processed for those of trained/skilled workers or BA degree holders this month. I did do lots of work while i was an undergrat making my tuition, and my resume will state that i worked for more than two years, if you know what i mean. USCIS seems like they are finally doing some work to make progress.

I'm putting hopes on this presidential election coming as well. lawyers i've been talking to lately are telling me they will probably get very busy once hillary or obama becomes the one. maccain is a good supporter of immigrants but to pull out of this election, he would need lots of supts and moneee from fcuking conservs and they would hate to see any amnesty done for us mehicanos chinos and nanos if he becomes the president... and maccain will be their good, long ass nose pinocchio

so let us all keep our fingers "twisted"
I think you're confusing two different things. H1-B visas are specialty visas awarded to advanced degree holders or experienced workers in the sciences/computer technologies/engineering fields. Technically its awarded to any highly skilled worker who has a U.S. employer willing to sponsor him/her but the computer technologies/engineering sectors have dominated this process for many years now.

The State Department's Visa bulletin tracks employment based and family based visas which are the only two permanent visas to immigrate to the U.S. We call them EB and FB for short. The 3-1-2006 priority date is tracking the EB-3 category of employment based visas. This is not an H1-B visa. H1-B visa is a type of temporary visa which is completely different from the permanent visa types, namely EB & FB.

As for obtaining an H1-B, its impossible to do while residing in the U.S. You have to apply for an H1-B visa from abroad. The 245(i) petition covers any petition for a permanent visa type, i.e. EB or FB, it doesn't cover temporary visa petitions like the H1-B. However, note that if you leave the country, you'll be automatically barred from reentry for 3-10 years depending on your length of overstay in the U.S.
I am not an immigration attorney nor do I have any experience litigating immigration cases. As always, seek professional advice before pursuing any course of action. I cannot be held accountable for any consequences of my comments.
Post your reply or quote more messages.