View Single Post
08-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Joined in Sep 2012
387 posts
NotYetKnown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcomesback View Post
Let us know what USCIS says. Mine expires a month before the original date as well.
Just got off the phone with a rep from USCIS regarding an issue with the expiration date for my new authorization card not being the same date, but expiring two years later, from my initial expiration date on my first EAD car. I had asked if this was normal procedure or if there was an error, because I was under the impression that once approved, my new card would expire exactly two years after my initial card was set to expire. For example: My first card expires 09.10.2014, therefore, once approved my new card should expire 09.10.2016, or at least I would think so.

He stated that I can schedule an appointment with my local office and they can take a look at that for me, or that I can put in a request for a typo error that would take between 15-30 for some form of notification to get to me. However, because my DL expires next month, I will see how soon I can schedule an appointment with my local office for them to look at my concern. Otherwise, I'll be ok with loosing the month and just send in the information requested by the DMV to get my renewal.
Application self-filed on 8/15 (California); Application sent on 8/15 via FedEx next day; Application arrived 8/16 at 10:30 and signed by EArdnt in Phoenix; G-1145 8/20; I-797C 8/27 (routed from Nebraska); Biometric scheduled 9/12 at 2 PM; Biometric walk-in 8/27 around 2 PM; EAD approval 9/10 ; EAD card arrival 9/14; SSN application 9/14; SSN Card arrival 10/15; DL 10/18
Post your reply or quote more messages.