View Single Post
02-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Joined in Jan 2015
22 posts
Fernando.L
So... I received an official response from Senator Reid's office... who received an official response from USCIS about my case (the inquiry was about an EAD extension prior to the approval of my apps). Obviously, they stated that we don't qualify for expedition requests for either form, but they said I could call on March 18 (105th day from filing) to request consideration for an extension of my EAD.

Here's what the e-mail said:

Quote:
Good Afternoon,

USCIS records reflect we received his I-821D and I-765 filings on December 3, 2014, receipted the filings on December 5, 2014, and his deferred action expires on March 31, 2015. I counted, and March 31, 2015 would be day 119. I would think this would be sufficient, but it would be up to the Nebraska Service Center to decide. His EAD does not expire for another 60 days and both filings are still within the current processing time of 3.5 months and the processing time goal of 120 days. The filings have been pending for under 2 months. I can give you the expedite criteria, which the Nebraska Service Center may or may not accept considering this form type does not allow expedites, and he can submit whatever evidence he has of his emergency. Or, he can wait until March 18th, the 105th day, and inquire about the possibility of an extension.

If he would still like to request an expedite on the adjudication of his DACA and related EAD, he must request this in writing and provide documentation that he meets one or more of the criteria listed below:

- Severe financial loss to company or individual;
- Extreme emergent situation;
- Humanitarian situation;
- Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
- Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from an official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government);
- USCIS error; or Compelling interest of USCIS.

In the interest of fairness to all of our customers, and absent any compelling urgent circumstances, USCIS generally processes petitions and applications in the order they are received. Requests for expedited service are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may only be granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director or higher. The burden is on the applicant to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met and there is never a guarantee that a request for expedited service will be approved.

Again, this type of filing does not have an expedite process, so the Nebraska Service Center may not even accept the request for review if your constituent chooses to attempt this.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Post your reply or quote more messages.