View Single Post
09-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Joined in Mar 2006
6,428 posts
Swim19
Quote:
At the moment, we don’t know the details in the border security package about to be introduced in congress. However, we strongly support legislation that offers the Dream Act and fully secures the border in a smart way. Not with a useless 2000 mile concrete wall, but with a mix of technology and manpower. We understand the amount of suffering that cartel border crime creates in both the United States and Mexico.

To be clear, we support Border Security and not Interior Enforcement. We do not support a deportation force that will rip apart our families and will create suffering in the immigrant community.

DACA recipients and immigrant youth are witnesses of the hard work and sacrifices that our parents have made. However, we are not sellouts by endorsing border security, nor are we advocating for anyone in the immigrant community to be deported. We believe that we will be in a much better position to help our parents if we obtain legal status and eventual citizenship.
I personally think this whole section needs to be rewritten. We don't know what the DREAM Act - Border Security bill will be. We don't know specifics. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I think you should focus more on the idea of a compromise rather than the specifics of what we agree or disagree with. I don't have time tonight to work on how I would write it, and this is my opinion (so if most people here like it that way that's fine too). I don't think this section gets the message across in the best way. I think another day of editing this will make it stronger.
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
Last edited by Swim19; 09-19-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.