View Single Post
04-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Joined in Apr 2014
8 posts
dodream
My Arrest was for shoplifting at a mall with friends when I was 17.. I regret it all the time and I have stayed out of trouble since then. Luckily, our district had a juvenile diversion program for first time juvenile offenders, so instead of appearing at the court, the only thing I had to do was complete the program.

I think my DACA documents are very well-organized. Although I did not have attorney representing me, I included ALL the arrest record, made sure that I was RELEASED right after being arrested, made sure that I completed the juvenile program by including a letter from the directer of the program and made sure to include a long explanation why my arrest should NOT make me ineligible for DACA.

With that said, I'm really really hoping that my DACA result comes out quickly... Have you traveled outside of the US after you got approved? Or are you planning on traveling? Does it matter that we have arrest record? I'm afraid that the airport immigrant agents find me inadmissible because of my arrest record. Any advice?

Oh and was your application sent to Nebraska? Case like yours makes me hopeful!! I wish mine got approved within 6 months..

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_smith View Post
I was arrested 3 times (for traffic tickets), and got approved in 3 months. So I think it depends on case by case, if your case is very appealing and you have good representation with a lawyer (or just organize your case really well i guess), I think you have higher chances vs having everything un-organized and on top of that having arrests, etc.. so I think details might make difference here.. so I think in total I was in Jail like 4 times before applying.. but I think they conciser most traffic tickets harmless. And I was in Jail again just 4 months ago, (after being approved), I had no insurance was starting my new job.. I couldn't help it, I had no resources at the time to get insurance, and had to work.. But now I have insurance and getting my drivers license, and everything in order!. No more bs traffic tickets for no reason, and taken to jail for not having stuff.. , oh yeah and was approved in 3 months.

Doddream What was your arrest for?
Last edited by dodream; 04-18-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.