View Single Post
01-13-2018, 01:04 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by gely_velazquez View Post
Am EWI and not on a visa. Several lawyers told me that there was simply nothing that could be done for me unless Congress changed the law. One lawyer said he would take my case and we could try to adjust my status, but warned that I would “put myself out there “(before daca) and I could possibly be barred for 10 years , also it would be difficult to proof extreme hardship. I guess at that time I just wasn’t brave enough. Then I had my son and DACA came, by this time I definitely did not want to risk it and get 10 yr ban. I never applied for advanced parole because I never had a reason n I was a bit scared too.
Well you know, the son coming could help with the hardship claim. If this was a more friendly administration, it would be worth the risk.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.