View Single Post
06-22-2012, 10:12 AM
From New York City
Joined in Oct 2009
248 posts
in_the_shadow
Guys, you have absolutely nothing to worry about when you fly domestically as long as you have a passport from your country. They don't care about your immigration status, they just want to make sure the name on your ID matches the name on your ticket.

I've flown over 30 times domestically and never had any problems!

But that's not all, listen to this. A couple of years ago, just as I was about to leave for the airport to fly from New York to Colorado I realized my passport was missing. I didn't know what to do, so I grabbed my expired state ID and went to the airport. The guy at the checkpoint quickly noticed my ID was expired and said I couldn't go, but I told him I use it all the time and it's the only document I have with me at the moment. He called his manager who came over and asked if I had any other document on me such as my old passport, credit card with my name, etc. I told him I didn't and guess what? He looked at me, asked me where I was going and let me through the gate. Yes, I boarded the plane with an expired state ID.

By the time I got to Colorado my stepfather found my passport - it was stuck between the sofa cushions of the living room couch. It must have slipped out of my pocket. He Fed-Exed the passport to me and that was the end of the story.

The moral of the story is this, don't be afraid to fly domestically, the airport agents don't care about your immigration status when you fly within the 50 states. And always check between your sofa cushions when your passport goes missing.
Post your reply or quote more messages.