View Single Post
10-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Joined in Jan 2012
604 posts
ayran123
So basically trump wants the wall -__-
"But if we're going to do something, we have to get something in return. And what I want is tremendous border regulation, I want the wall, and we're going to get other things. And we're going to see if we can work something out."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...e-daca-problem

"President Trump said Wednesday that it would be “wonderful” for Congress to come up with a solution to protect young immigrants protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
But Trump reiterated that any deal would have to include approval for a border wall with Mexico and tighter border restrictions — conditions Democrats have called a non-starter for negotiations.
Trump, in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, said he has wrestled with the human element involved in deciding the fates of the estimated 800,000 young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children, during his back-and-forth on the issue the last few weeks.

“A lot of these people are in the military, they have jobs, they have this, that - it's a very - I fully understand it,” Trump said. “But if we're going to do something, we have to get something in return. And what I want is tremendous border regulation, I want the wall, and we're going to get other things. And we're going to see if we can work something out. Now, whether or not we do, I don't know. But it would be wonderful to solve the DACA problem.”

Trump infuriated the left last month when he announced he would phase-out the Obama-era program.
He then infuriated his base by meeting with Democratic leaders Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who promptly announced they were close to a deal that might pave the way for so-called “Dreamers” to stay.

But last week Trump dashed the hopes of liberals, releasing a set of immigration principles he wants to achieve that many Democrats rejected out of hand, raising questions about whether Congress could achieve a bipartisan solution that would protect DACA recipients.
Among the requirements is a border wall. Trump on Wednesday said he has five prototypes for the wall and “they’re looking good.”

"We need it not only for people, but we need it for the drugs that are pouring into our country," Trump said.
"The wall has to be built. It has to be built. A properly built, constructed, designed wall, high, not a little fence like they'd have."
Trump also said there would be “no amnesty” for those in the country illegally, seeming to cut off a potential pathway to citizenship for DACA recipients. He also pledged to end “chain migration,” whereby those related to people who have immigrated legally to the country sponsor their family members for passage to the U.S.
Still, Trump expressed optimism that even some Republicans would back a deal protecting DACA recipients.

“By the way, even my most conservative, hard-line friends in the Republican Party would really like to be able to solve 800,000 people - and honestly these people went through a lot because most of them went through our system,” Trump said."
Biometrics:
Approval:
Post your reply or quote more messages.