View Single Post
06-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Joined in Sep 2015
1,288 posts
beingoflight
Here are more details:

Took american airlines to head to miami from central florida then st thomas, then took a direct flight with spirit from st thomas back directly to central florida.

People drive horrible over there, its highly recommended to rent a small car (HAS TO BE SMALL) why? The roads are tiny and everyone drives on the left side of the road, you HAVE to get full coverage insurance for it given the circumstances.

DO NOT cheap out on hotel, i did and ended up renting some room at some guy's house which had no AC....

GPS is ALMOST useless over there so be careful, most of everything is incredibly expensive.

Its pretty much like mexico but without the excessive crime rate

I highly recommend a hotel close to the main road that come out of the airport to prevent yourself from getting lost, every time the GPS failed on me i would just drive towards the airport and eventually find my way.

God almighty the food is really expensive to at the local restaurants paid almost $200 for 4 people as soon as i got there

I went all alone, had people waiting for me over there which i barely knew. So pretty much i was on my own most of the time.

Stay away from the British islands and be careful not to somehow end up there because if you do you are doomed.

Careful when going to clubs at night, was hearing from the locals that lately the border patrol was conducting raids on those places(yes there are illegals over there too lol)

Carry your papers wherever you go just in case.

I work in the hospitality industry, that said im highly skilled talking to people, when you face ANY officer of the law always appear happy and motivated to cooperate.

Spirit airlines isnt so bad, we departed early and arrived early actually, leg room was the same if not better than American airlines, the flight attendants from spirit are also more friendly believe it or not.

I always chose priority seating, $25 for american airlines and $15 for spirit.

The transportation system over there is called safari, its basically a guetto rigged truck with some exterior seating arranged, its really cheap but its better to be on a rental car cause of the bloody heat.