View Single Post
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Joined in Oct 2011
90 posts
mexicansoccer14
Ok, so the story goes like this. I came here when I was 5 years old legally and this February, my families I-485 (green card) was denied. We might go into removal proceedings soon but there is hope that the motion to reopen will give us our green cards. I am currently 17 years old and I turn 18 in February. My family is not some poor family (my parents make 135k+ a year) and we have enough money to put me through college. I also have a 16 year old sister and 11 year old sister (US citizen). My question is that I basically have 2 options. My first option is to go to college and try and wait out the removal proceedings as long as possible and if I go into removal proceedings try and getting deferred action and this option would cost my parents a lot less money for college as a live in ct, and can get in-state tuition. I would also become a dreamer as you guys call them and try and wait for the Dream Act to be passed. My second option would be to leave back to Mexico after I graduate, get accepted to any college, doesn't matter if its in-state or out of state at this point and get a student visa to study over here. I would really love to pay in-state so that my parents have money for my sister but I also do not want to deal with the possibility of deportation during college and I would also like a drivers license which comes with the second option. I kindoff heard that student visas are easy to obtain but it I could also be denied and not even go to college in the USA. What do you guys think that I should do?
Post your reply or quote more messages.