View Single Post
01-14-2011, 09:47 PM
BANNED
Joined in Dec 2010
374 posts
theboys2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
Hey Georgia1, I've read your story, there were definitely some alarming parts to it, in my opinion. The biggest issue that confronts me is the income inequality, by race. Hispanics and Blacks make a lower amount of household income per year than Whites. It's disappointing to report that fact, but it's true. This ties in to Bernie Sanders 8 hour rant about the condition of America's economy today and how America's middle class is slowly getting eradicated. Everyone is heading downward in this economy, but it's a greater shockwave on minorities, such as you and I.

I really wish that things had been much different for you because trying to get educated with these kinds of difficulties and stresses is something that you don't deserve. I think that if things were easy for you (just like an American student) you probably would have performed better in a college than they have. Your grades in classes and your GPA would be higher than the other students, especially in the field of Engineering.

When I read political sites and come across other forums of people who reply that they are against the DREAM Act or immigration reform, I find it bizarre to believe. These people, who are immigrants who want a college education and want to get assimilated into the American college experience are trying to get an bachelor's degree education, which is the gateway to the real world and becoming a productive worker for the country. That's what the immigration acts are about and to deny them that right (to get educated) states that they should be locked in a lifetime of a third-world standard of living and poverty, as you've already expressed in this thread.

Even though the DA failed because of a minority of senators (41) voting against the interest of giving you a good quality education, we clearly had a majority of people who understood our cause. We had more than 50% of the American people on our side and more than 50% of the senators in the House and the Senate. In 2013, we will have the majority again and it will get passed for sure.
U dont have near those percentages any longer in the House or the Senate.
Post your reply or quote more messages.