View Single Post
12-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
783 posts
victor85
Quote:
Originally Posted by gebodupa View Post
Oh wow, 5 years with a 5 year extension, after paying a $500 and then a $2000 fee? Now we are really just getting a chance for a work visa, with stricter requirements, no other way to describe it.

As much as I wish the changes weren't there, this really needs to be passed as soon as possible. Not only because a lot of us truly need it, but because, given more time, more and more changes to the bill will appear and the eligible group will keep getting smaller and smaller.

I originally said that, after the original reduction of the age cap and the change of status we would receive, there is nothing stopping them from adding more and more changes/eligibility requirements that will just make things worse.

Unfortunately, I was right because the House version, which used to have no age cap, now has one (this was expected though...), on top of a fee (this was not), simply for applying. If the votes in the house were 'almost' guaranteed, there is no clear reason for the fees, especially after S.3992 bill, which does not include the fees, and will be the one considered by the Senate.
The reason that House charges more fee is because

Quote:
CBO estimated the bill would reduce the deficit by $1.4 billion over the next decade. The figure reflects a $1.4 billion increase in on-budget deficits, and a $2.8 billion decrease in off-budget deficits, CBO noted. Only on-budget figures are considered under pay-as-you-go budget rules adopted by the House.
The fee is used to offset the $1.4 billion increase in on-budget deficits.
Post your reply or quote more messages.