View Single Post
06-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Joined in Apr 2011
108 posts
Hannie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
Wanting to join any Military branch is not considered a factor for allowing someone to stay and adjust through a US citizen immediate relative.The only factors technically are how you entered and if you can prove it or if you are under something called 245i by application or derivatively[both have to be proven] are generally the only ways to adjust an application for permanent residency through a US citizen immediate relative[spouse in this case].

Joining the Military can be seen as a positive factor generally in your case but not to subsequently allow adjustment on US soil.Most naval and air services in the military branches also usually require US citizenship from my understand.

I'm guessing since you mentioned 'extreme hardship' that you're talking about the I-601 process.'Extreme Hardship' is pretty much well defined under Immigration law the only question here is what could be unique to your situation as a couple that would warrant it successfully and that would require an immigration attorney.For examples you can always go to Immigrate2us.net or here.
I really hope they don't make me leave him
Post your reply or quote more messages.