Thread: Age Cap
View Single Post
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Joined in Apr 2012
665 posts
immigration truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
I hate giving out personal information on here but I am 36. Came here when I was 10 just a few months after the 1986 Amnesty.

If they want to make it to where a kid came here before the age of 16, it would mean that at this point, there are potentially dreamers who are now 42 (anybody older would have already qualified for the original amnesty or would have been over 16).

Now why o why would we deny the person who has suffered that long relief? It makes no sense. Where are you guys coming up with 35?? I'd expect this from right wingers, but if you think that just because you're a teenager now you deserve this more than me, then, F you. I've been here 25 years. I've lived the nightmare that you just now realize you MIGHT live.
No offense to you sir, I give you all the respect in the world. But at the age of thirty six have you not seriously considered immigrating? I mean opposition is intense towards awarding it to those who are to put it lightly, aged in terms of dreamer age. Republicans have long been adamant on the age requirement and Rubio's proposition(even though likely to fail) will be no different. The way I see it sir is you can either wait for CIR or leave America. Again all the respect in the world to you sir.
Last edited by immigration truth; 04-27-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.