View Single Post
06-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Joined in Oct 2007
177 posts
elmichoacano
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaWant View Post
Dude just go, if you end up going through a checkpoint just ask the border patrol "am i being detained or am I free to go?" they can't make you answer any question. refusing to answer can not be used as reasonable cause. the law only requires you to stop your car at the checkpoint, it does not require you to answer any questions. If they ask you to step out of the car don't, if they ask you to pull over for further inspection don't. Just sit in your car and answer every question they ask you with "am i being detained or am I free to go?" they have to let you go.
lol....how about refusing to identify yourself! I travel to mexico often and I have never seen a idiot try to pull what you just described. All they have to do is "suspect" something and they will refer your vehicle to a secondary inspection and at this secondary inspection they grill you with all sorts of questions. Shit i've even seen cars get partially dissasembled...
"This land was Mexican once, was Indian always and is, And will be again" - Gloria Anzaldúa
Post your reply or quote more messages.