View Single Post
01-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Joined in Sep 2017
6 posts
Juaniboi09
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRkah View Post
Dont meant to derail the thread, but curious for those of you studying in Michigan with DACA. Since there's no FAFSA/student loans/student aid; did you all get full scholarships, private loans, or pay out of pocket/cash ?
Hey,

I started off at Grand Rapids Community College and then attended Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI. I paid for GRCC out of pocket (wasn’t too expensive) and when I transferred to GVSU I was given a DACA grant. Pretty much if you’re a DACA student and your family doesn’t make too much money they give you a few thousand dollars. It was super helpful. Aside from that I always had 1-3 jobs and applied to many scholarships (which I received a handful). At Michigan State University I interviewed and was given a graduate student assistantship in housing. Through this, I work for the university 20 hours a week and received
my own furnished apartment, unlimited meal plan, healthcare insurance, 9 credit tuition remission, and a biweekly stipend (SUPER BLESSED). If you have any questions about these schools let me know and I can try to help you navigate!
Post your reply or quote more messages.