View Single Post
03-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Joined in May 2007
98 posts
A.Spero
I'm re-posting:
Quote:
Ah, it's that time of the season again. When guest / lurkers suddenly come out of the woodwork to sign up in droves as newbies. This can only mean that action is imminent pertaining to the movement of DREAM.

First of all, welcome.

Second, I hope everyone is gearing up for a call in session to your Congressional Representatives at the DC offices. Please call, starting tomorrow (March 24th). We currently have some DreamACTivist.org members who regularly post on this site, on the ground lobbying for the DREAM Act along with the USSA LegCon at DC. Support your fellow DREAMers by calling your Senators and Representatives tomorrow by asking them to support the DREAM Act.

I'm asking that everyone, instead of debating CIR vs. DREAM, to put in the effort to be active. It's disheartening and mindboggling to see people claiming that they've already given up, when the battle has yet to even begin. We have no control on the specifics (when it'll be put on the floor, if it will be attached to a certain bill, or what changes will be addressed to the provisions [which btw will probably be the original form pre-Oct 2007 / with no age cap]) And one can debate/speculate it to death how they feel DREAM should be progressed through for the best method of passage, spanning 100 pages of thread, it won't do us all any good. One can say how this needs to be taken out or that needs to be added, or it needs to be attached to this bill, etc. Ask yourselves if that actually does any good.

What we do have control on is positive exposure pertaining to the DREAM Act. What will help us, is our voice being heard by Congressional aides at the DC offices, asking for our Senators/Reps for their support of the DREAM Act. Please go HERE if you are unfamiliar with calling your Congressmen/Congresswomen.

Also please don't forget to involve yourself on other projects related to DREAM such as the DREAM Act petition as well as the change.org letter campaign which can be found HERE.

Shout out to OPTIMIST, where are you when I need you?
We should be less worried with what we can NOT control and more concerned with what we can focus on. You (generally speaking) or I, am not Durbin, Reid, Pelosi etc.

We aren't calling the shots on when to bring it on to the floor, what to attach it to, and what stipulations to add or leave out. Nor do we have the collective lobbying power to demand otherwise. We simply have to face that fact, and instead work on what we can have an impact on.