View Single Post
05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
From Texas
Joined in Jul 2007
610 posts
questionsihave
- Position: Senator Crapo

Thank you for contacting me to express your thoughts regarding S.729, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, Senator Richard Durbin (D-Illinois) introduced S. 729 on March 26, 2009. The DREAM Act would allow individuals who were brought to the United States prior to the age of 16, who have lived in this country at least five years, are of good moral character, are not inadmissible or deportable under specific grounds of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and have been admitted to an institution of higher education or earned a high school or equivalent diploma a chance to earn their conditional resident status upon acceptance by an institution of higher learning or upon graduation from high school. This measure also authorizes individuals who have met the necessary requirements prior to enactment of this Act to petition the Secretary for conditional permanent resident status. S. 729 was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where it awaits further consideration.

As the Senate considers this legislation - and other measures pertaining to immigration reform - I will keep your thoughts in mind and will always work to represent the best interests of Idahoans.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, http://crapo.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mike Crapo

United States Senator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No position. That is good, because that means he isn't against the bill.
Post your reply or quote more messages.