View Single Post
07-13-2019, 01:35 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiChulo View Post
this is what our lives has become. there will be "casualties" along the way to the "promised land" could be me or could be you next week.

godspeed, brother.
All we can do is our best to not be a casualty. I'm going to be 100% honest here. This week has been one of the toughest weeks of my life and the absolute lowest and most helpless I have ever felt. It seemed like at every corner there was a reminder of my status and the danger I was in and this whole roundup business is adding anxiety on a mountain of already existing anxiety and there is only so much a person can take.

The only thing that keeps me going is the Martin Luther King quote: "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." which of course doesn't always take a straight line.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.