View Single Post
04-22-2018, 09:21 AM
From Atlanta, GA
Joined in Aug 2008
2,818 posts
freshh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws View Post
See I think it would be critical to my personal statement. DACA gave me, like many others a backbone. But I'm worried that I would be rejected based off of the fact that I'm daca. I know that Adcom read our statements and goes over our application but I don't know if they would know I'm DACA unless I told them. Obviously my social and legal paperwork would give that away, but It's not like it's something they look out for . I don't really know if it's something that can be held against me.
I would definitely include it. I will be addressing my status because it has played a role in my decision to pursue medicine as well. Speaking with some other DACAmented med students, it isn’t held against you in any way. As a matter of fact many see it as a strength because it is an obstacle yet we have persevered to reach this point in our careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfreyan View Post
Hey. Current MD student here. I'm also on my school's interview committee (so I interview people with focus based on their grades/personap statement). PM me if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help (both of you).
Thanks!
Renewal #3 Sent: 01.21.18 (Chicago, IL)| Arrived: 01.23.2018
G-1145:01.26.18|Biometrics Received: 01.30.18 (02.16.18 ) | Biometrics Completed : 02.16.18
Last edited by freshh.; 04-23-2018 at 07:47 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.