View Single Post
01-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Joined in Dec 2014
511 posts
Vze77ach
How are are ! All

My current DACA expires April 2021. My wife became US naturalized citizen on Dec 9th, 2019. Our attorney submitted our I-130 and I-485 on Dec 18th, 2019. USCIS have received our applications on Dec 30th, 2019.

My attorney found out that I have final removal order entered in absentia against me in July 2000. But it shouldn't be an issue because " an Order of Removal in absentia makes you inadmissible and ineligible for a number of forms of relief from removal, such as voluntary departure, cancellation of removal, and adjustment or change of status, for a period of ten years after the date of the removal order. " I have done a lot of researches online about how paroled arriving alien can file adjustment of status without leaving the US (if you have I-94 card).

I was brought into US by my mom in March 2000 when I was 13 yrs old. After released from custody, we were issued I-94 card, on the card it is stamped " we are paroled arriving alien". My mom applied for asylum, unfortunately we had a bad lawyer who failed to notify us of the hearing date and also failed to update our correct mailing address with USCIS. Therefore we did not attend the hearing. The Immigration judge ordered removal in absentia.

My attorney said he will file to terminate my removal order once the I-485 is approved by USCIS. Based on my researches, the attorney seems to be right.

Does anyone has the same circumstance like me who successfully adjusted your status ? Could you share your experience with me please?

*I attached some of important documents regarding adjustment status for arriving alien. Anyone who is facing the same situation can take a look . It might be helpful to you

Thanks very much !
Last edited by Vze77ach; 01-08-2020 at 01:38 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.