View Single Post
03-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Joined in Mar 2008
587 posts
dreamerhippie
yeah, oklahoma is definitely off the list.

although i must say, there are individual schools that bend the rules a little bit by not asking at all or offering a special program, such is the case with my school in michigan. as far as i know, out of 15 public universities and a handful of private schools in michigan, only 2 are bend the rules a little bit.

assuming that you're admitted, the program at my school requires proof that you've paid state taxes (this is where doing your taxes with a itin comes in). i got admitted in fall 2006 under this program =]

how it works is that on everything i'm classified as an out of state resident, which is kinda retarded cause i've lived in michigan since 3rd grade. so i'm charged out of state tuition on all my statements and my transcripts say i'm out of state, but then i have a scholarship from the university that refunds me the difference between out of state and in state tuition!!! smart huh? so i end up owing like 5,000 less every semester. =]

the university that i go to also gave me a scholarship based on having a 3.5 gpa or higher every semester (essentially requiring me to always make the deans list) for ... get this .... 16,000. lol, an undocumented (and documented) college students dream =]
Post your reply or quote more messages.