View Single Post
04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
From Bewteen Sacramento and Redding
Joined in Aug 2007
1,114 posts
OptimistinDenial
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123dream View Post
So today I had a meeting with Enzi's assistant regarding an immigration case that didn't have to do anything with the Dream Act, but ofcourse I wasn't about to waist this opprotunity. So I asked a her about DA and if she would give me an update or something. However, her response was not what i wanted to hear. She said that she was happy to know that DA is in re-indrucation process but she didn't know how long it would take to get to the senate floor. She said that even if the senate is moving fast she thought that immigration was going to be an issue that slowed everything down. But she did promise me to keep me updated on any new news!

I wanted to post this to encourge anyone to make an appointment to visit their senators. Even if you only meet with someone from their office it would show that we care and we will speak out! So make an appointment! It's worth it!
You are so cool! You are officially number one in my cool book. Bono was number two and Citizen Hope was number one. Thus the list goes as this:
  1. 123 Dream
  2. Bono - really Citizen, what have you done lately?
  3. Citizen Hope

What you did is very brave and very good. People from inside their states/districts have more power of persuasion. You did the equivalent of 100 calls. Even if he votes no, this type of pressure prevents them to shut their pie hole. What is worst than Enzi voting no? how about Enzi persuading unsure politicians to vote no?
Last edited by OptimistinDenial; 04-15-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.