09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Joined in Jun 2007
50 posts
KeepOnTruckin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado123
Bad Dream Act Immig Opposition
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC or ALIPAC is launching a national campaign to try and stop Senator Durbin's Dream Act Amendment, which would provide Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens, give them taxpayer subsidized in-state college tuition rates and place them ahead of American students. "This is the Bad Dream Amnesty Act," says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "This legislation would replace American students in the limited seats in college at taxpayer expense! Our organization has helped to defeat this measure many times on the state level and now we will try to stop the Senate from passing it."

Click Here For The Full Story

Staff Selections - Links

Email Print Smaller Font Larger Font Post Feedback View Feedback Digg! Stubmle It
1. 9/18/2007 - 13:2:59PM
BY: marden
"This legislation would replace American students in the limited seats in college at taxpayer expense! Our organization has helped to defeat this measure many times on the state level and now we will try to stop the Senate from passing it."

Are you kidding me? This is not true. I mean most of these people who are qualified for this Dream Act have degrees and served in the military. I mean these people are close to American citizens as they come by. They arrived here at young age, they know the American culture, they know the english language like it was their native tongue, these people are well qualified to be fire fighters, law officers, lawyers, artist, entertainers, nurses, doctors, teachers, etc. I can go on and on there is not wrong with this act. Everyone support it because such a thing is an investment for the future of America.

Read the facts first, research, and interview people who hope for this Dream Act, rather then reading a couple articles that does not have enough information that this Dream Act is bad for or nation, when they see the word illegal immigrant or amnesty, everyone gets offended and think it's bad, but this Dream Act will do it's justice, so please research it because such a thing is an investment.
What pisses me off the most, is that if an immigrant is indeed chosen instead of a native to go to a college, its because they deserve it. Its just like a job, the boss hires the person who has the most potential. This trend is one of the basic principles that the U.S. society is based on.