Thread: Who went back?
View Single Post
02-19-2014, 01:37 AM
Joined in Feb 2014
4 posts
bunkm
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl View Post
I think sometimes its beyond the economic stand point you or your family may have in your native country. For us (majority of my family is here) is safety, El Salvador is a very small country and the gangs and extortionist have unfortunately taken over the country. Some members of my family are Doctors, Dentist, Attorneys, High Members of the Military, Business owners (parents) but our lives were at risk many of them are here in the US some are in Spain I have a handful of relatives still living there. Asylum in this country its just not possible i see it first hand how difficult it is for someone from central american to be successful with an asylum claim.

My father says it constantly and a lot of my other uncles say it too that if they weren't here in the US they would have been killed long time ago.

Ill give you an example, my cousin is a family law attorney and he constantly gets harassed with phone calls from gang member IN prison asking him to represent them or else they will kill him. Its unreal to believe they will ever get rid of the gangs.
Must agree completely. Some of us came here willing to lose material possessions seeking asylum, not employment.

Thing is when asylum requests are denied you are automatically placed in removal proceedings pending ban even if you followed the law and were never detained.
Doesnt matter that you lost family or have received threats from corrupt officials (not trying to discourage anyone seeking pol. asylum, just stating frustrations).

Had to turn down scholarships awarded since there was no chance to travel to college.

Years of appeals and have just recently started DACA process.
Before that was considering going to a place I do not recognize anymore, taking a bus when there are confirmed stories of thugs "disappearing" passengers, and asking for help from well-off relatives (retired doctor). Then one day received hysterical phone call from said relatives to be informed that their home was broken into at gunpoint. They were beaten (including cancer-patient relative), and robbed of all jewelry and some title deeds...

Going back for some could mean delayed suicide.
Post your reply or quote more messages.