View Single Post
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
From California
Joined in Sep 2009
57 posts
DDLT
Question: my mom had a case with an attorney that was approved June 27 and her papers arrived at the attorneys office on July 3rd.. We found out it was approved only bc I signed up for email notifications or else they wouldn't have let us know. She calls today to let them know she will pick up the documents today at 1 and they said she cant, that they have to draft a letter that she and the attorney have to sign saying the case is closed....they say next week bc they are really busy but I KNOW it will take them 2+ weeks bc they never return calls and they never follow up on anything. Is this normal? I told her that I don't think it's right. The attorney has been paid in full and what if immigration was to pull her from now until the attorney is free enough to give her her documents? I know they have their protocol on how their office does things, nut waiting so long after its been approved is bs to me. What should she do?