View Single Post
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
From Texas
Joined in Sep 2012
3,208 posts
msaccountant
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzel785 View Post
I just want to thank you for such a great post. Its super informative. Would you recommend that DACA applicants do their taxes through an outfit like H&R Block or Jackson Hewitt or would it be better through a program like Turbo Tax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I would not recommend places like H&R Block. They are way overpriced from what I've heard. Go to any small local Accounting office in your area. I work at one that has been in business for over 20 years. Our clients are mainly spanish speaking individuals and business owners. You should not be paying more than $100.00 for a simple 1040 individual return.
Not only would a person find themselves paying more but sometimes places like those (H&Block, 'notarios', and just places that offer something that seems to good to be true) are usually not trustworthy. I spoke to one of my supervisors about what he thought about working in a place like HRBlock and he said something like "If you like having a clear conscience then that's not the place for you."

Places like those can be shady. Not only that but before paid tax preparers weren't required to take tests.Thanks for the idea 2Face I'll add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmalina View Post
Question: I heard the IRS is going to delay receiving tax returns this year. Is that true and if so, when are they going to start taking them?

(I might have heard it wrong I think)
Yea they won't start processing them till January 30th and that includes both e-filed and paper returns. Now for some people they won't accept them till later but that applies to those with residential energy credits, depreciation, and business credits. However that doesn't mean you can't get your return done it just means they won't start processing them till that date and if you are expecting a refund you can start expecting it after that date. Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by msaccountant; 01-14-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.