View Single Post
12-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Joined in Nov 2010
54 posts
PASStheDREAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeParent View Post
The problem is that instead of having open dialogue and understanding you take any comments as racist or bashing.

You cannot paint all anti-Dreamers with one paintbrush. Instead of just listening to one side of the argument why not try to have understanding for both sides. Remember there is always two sides to every argument.

What you Dreamers failed to understand was the outpouring calls against the Dream Act. In fact even Senator Durbin did not understand. You see it was not Democrat, Republican or about being Racist. It was parents, American parents fighting for their childrens and grandchildrens rights.

All the Dreamers walking through the halls talking to our representatives, making calls to our representatives angered American parents. As much as you might like to think so, they are not your representatives, they are representatives of U.S. citizens. Your representatives are in your embassies and consulates or in your home countries.

American parents got tired of hearing Senator Durbin saying that the Dreamers are the best and brightest and America needs them. Stop and think about it, this was a total slam against American students. Before you go on to tell me that Dreamers do not take anything away from American students and if they cannot compete with the Dreamers, etc. Let me tell you I have a college student on the Deans List. So I know about impacted classes in CA Universities.. I know how the registeration process works each semester. Boils down to who is the fastest and luckiest on the computer. Makes no difference whether the student is a citizen or not.

You also don't understand that scholarships are geared for hyphenated Americans. If you come from an unhyphenated middleclass family your out of luck. Take the time look through the scholarships.

I would also advise you all to check further into what military standards are for enlistment. You need to understand contrary to what Senator Durbin might have said, you cannot get a security clearance in the military if you are not a U.S. citizen. You cannot become an officer and your job assignments are limited. There was nothing in the Dream Act that would have changed this.

I just want you to understand this really is not a political or racist fight from many anti-Dreamers, it is a fight for our children.

Honestly your whole argument sounded ignorant. Its funny how many colleges in the U.S support the Dream Act , wanna know why? because of all the empty seats! My friend , America is at a time where high skilled workers is greatly needed, and the Dreamers could be that. Do you realize that over our lives we would contribute 1.4 trillion dollars? look at the big picture!!
Post your reply or quote more messages.