View Single Post
04-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Joined in Apr 2012
665 posts
immigration truth
I realize like many members on this board that (as of now) most democrats reactions to the bill are irrational, but there arguments are based on power politics. If either party really cared about the plight of undocumented youth, an executive order by the president or a congressional bill would have been passed by now. The dream act has been stolen from us, it is no longer about us, but about politics and the direction this country will take. The democrats do not want to move the immigration discourse rightwards, they have seen the danger of that on the economy and national security. Therefore to preserve there interests they will defeat this bill, not flock towards it, to do the opposite would completely be a black swan event(both parties actually working in a tandem on an election year over a hugely controversial issue that would steal traction and support away from the one party that has made this act a cornerstone of it's policyhouse?). Plus you guys are forgetting the American populace's say, I hate to break it to you guys, but support for the dream act is split 50/50 on most polls and many Dems and Repubs would feel attacked by there opponents and constituents if they even dare to even vote to legalize us. Plus the Dems most likely would not lose massive latino support if they even vetoed this act, again the law itself is a clear latino pandering bill and that's a powerful argument the Dems can use, plus it's not like the tea Partiers would welcome Hispanics with arms wide open and grant them immigration reform. The climate I am going to keep on asserting is opposed to immigration reform and this bill I am pretty certain will fail or not pass in it's current incarnation(as we assume it to be).
Last edited by immigration truth; 04-11-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.