View Single Post
05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
249 posts
kmpxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k View Post
If you are going to just take notes why don't you just get a tablet? They are super quiet with no fans.

When you drop a laptop, the first thing that messes up is the hard drive because of the mechanical parts inside. The Air has a solid state drive which has no mechanical parts so it would be understandable.

Apple is more about the physical appearance and user interface rather than power. Top of the line Apple computer will cost far more than a top of the line PC, and PC will still overpower it.
I do have a tablet. More than one actually. I bought different ones because I didn't enjoy taking notes on a tablet despite the fact I tried the on screen keyboard, bluetooth keyboard, and stylus. I just use them for games and textbook now. Also, I'm one final away from saying goodbye to college forever so I don't need to take notes anymore.

An average college student doesn't need a powerful computer. We just need something that's reliable and won't fail on us such as freezing in the middle of a research paper. Windows had failed me more than once and I either sighed from relief that it was recovered or cried tears of frustration that it was all gone. I think that's a college student's worst nightmare. I don't think there's anything wrong with paying a premium for reliability especially when having a laptop is so vital during college years.