View Single Post
02-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Joined in Aug 2017
2,169 posts
jwxie518
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertarian1776 View Post
i mean i dont disagree with your opinion but is this your day job? DAPs political commentator? u seem to put the hours in bro, you are really a hardworker with all the research you do on here. must be nice if you had DACA to put that work ethic to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
You are NOT their base. They don't want you here. They will use their dying breath to keep you from having the same rights as them. Even if that time comes and you have the same rights as them, they don't look at you as equals or a "real" American.
His point stands. RPs had upper hand and could get what they wanted. Even if you disagree with us that Trump only got 1.3b instead of the 6B he wanted, RPs still got the funding they agreed to with DMs. They still delivered the promise of building some fences. Most RPs have never adored building physical wall - they always say secure the border, and they have the funding. Whereas DMs does not dare to shut down the government for the second time to tie Dream Act / DACA together. You can say whatever you want, like "daca can't take the whole stage", or "daca over illegal is bad". But at the end of the day, DMs only got one thing and that is not giving Trump full 5.7B he wanted initially/ That sounds a win for the liberals, but not the daca community. Because at the end of the day, we are still undocumented. We have nothing.