View Single Post
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Joined in Mar 2008
402 posts
dream_hope
Hey everyone.
Yesterday I e-mailed Mo because I found that most (if not all) of the websites, polls, studies, articles, etc, that ALIPAC and other nativists try to use against us are biased and anti-immigrant. Some are obvious, but some not so much. For example, after doing some research and reading of the Rasmussen Reports (which I know they always use) I realized they have a huge right-wing bias. This took a long time, however, because it was nearly impossible to find anything about the Rasmussen Reports. I decided to look into their CEO and this is what I found:

"Rasmussen Reports CEO, Scott Rasmussen "describes himself as having been an independent public opinion pollster for more than a decade". However, he "received $95,500 from the Republican National Committee and $45,500 from the George W. Bush presidential campaign as a campaign consultant for the 2004 presidential election."

Not only that, but he's a member of the "Evangelical Christian and is president of the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association", a church that has denied requests made to use their pavilion for same sex civil unions."

We would like it if you could post articles that you see being repeatedly used, along with names and websites so we can all take the time to discredit each and every one.

Some websites I recommend are

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/
From Wiki: "The IRC Right Web provides documented biographical profiles."

http://www.mediatransparency.org/
From Wiki: "[This] project begun in 1999 which monitors the financial ties of conservative think tanks to conservative foundations in the United States. Its database tracks over 50,000 grants awarded since 1985, which total more than $3.2 billion USD."

If you could please add on to this list by posting articles that we can discredit and/or websites that expose these articles, that would be great! This will be a useful resource in not only spreading our knowledge, but in discrediting what they claim to be "facts". I also encourage that anytime you post facts, that you do this kind of research. It'll make our arguments even stronger.

Thank you!

P.S. I just realized the title should read "Discrediting the Opposition's Sources" but I can't edit the title

-Benjamin Frankln
Last edited by hrvatica13; 12-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: fixed title
Post your reply or quote more messages.