View Single Post
08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Joined in Mar 2006
6,428 posts
Swim19
Quote:
Attn: For those who are curious about the aging out issue and CSPA, I discovered that it's not as hard to figure out if you qualify as they make it seem. All you need to know is have your age on the date the priority date became current (I will be 21 on August 1, 2001), and then calculate how long it took for your petition to be approved (in our case it took almost 5 years for my dad's I-130 to be approved). Now subtract that from your age. 21-~5 = ~17. I would qualify. Either way I'm attaching a memo to my application so that they won't miss it, I heard that CSPA calculations are not automatic so we have to get their attention.
You just have be careful to understand that you subtract how many years it took for petition to be approved and not how long you waited for priority date. And it is usually the priority date you are waiting for is what causes a lot of people to age-out. My dad's priority date is almost there, but I unfortunately am completely aged-out. If I could subtract how long we waited for priority date, it wouldn't be a problem.
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
Post your reply or quote more messages.