View Single Post
05-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
The Dream Act itself may not, but from my understanding, with the rest of the immigration reform, you (assuming your parents petitioned you, or you'll be getting a STEM degree) will get your green card faster.

I know a lot of legal immigrants are angry and are lashing out at us Dreamers or other undocumented folks, but trust us, you have it much better than we do. We basically have nothing and no hope of getting out of our mess unless this passes. This guy was calling a radio show saying how upset he was because he had to wait 2 years and spend a few thousand dollars on a lawyer while we get to become legal for free.

He forgot to mention that many of us have waited 10's of years (27 in my case), have spent the same amount of money on lawyers, and will be paying yet another fine and fees, and it'd still take 13 years if this passes. I guess people who have it good want to feel like victims too.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.