View Single Post
11-03-2008, 06:36 PM
From Southern California
Joined in Jun 2007
192 posts
Lora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youguysareawesome View Post
More than likely McCain is going to have a rough day tomorrow. While his retreat on DREAM makes me root for an Obama win. I can't help but feel bad for Senator McCain. He's a good man who honestly believes in us and DREAM but that can't override the fact that he sold us out.

For "practical reasons" McCain retreated on DREAM and for "practical reasons" I will be making sure all my relatives and friends vote for Obama. But that doesn't mean McCain stopped believing in DREAM nor does it mean I stopped believing in McCain. Underneath all the political garbage there's still the man who once told Cornyn and Sessions to Fuck off. Here's to hoping for an Obama win and no matter what happens tomorrow, the old John McCain making a comeback.

I totally agree! I want Obama to win! But we should respect McCain, he did support the CIR even though a lot of his constituents disagreed with him and he got a lot of heat for his support. I remember when he first announced that he was going to run for Pres. All those Minute Men people were protesting against him, and I thought wow he's not going to make it just for supporting something that he thought was just and humane. I kind of don’t blame him for not backing us up, he's a politician and a Republican supporting CIR and he wanted to be President so he had to distance him self from "things" that made conservative republicans/alicrappers weary about him. I’m sure that if he was President and Dream came up he would support it, no doubt. Just that in order for him to reach his goal he had to distance him self from us, I mean what politician hasn't changed his opinions while running for office. I do think that we should have some respect for him he was a POW, and I don’t think he’s a bad person, even those attack ad’s against Obama make his seem like a jerk.
Post your reply or quote more messages.