Thread: Loan
View Single Post
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Joined in Feb 2012
4 posts
edamame
Hey guys, I know this thread is old and that Deferred Action is coming up, but I wanted to add some info since it's close to the new school year and there are registration fees coming up for a lot of us. I just tried to apply for this loan on Monday and it was nerve-wracking, to say the least.

The first two people we talked to said it couldn't be done -- that it was impossible for us to receive any student loan due to my nonresident status. Then we talked to a supervisor who said the same thing. But my stepfather wouldn't take no for an answer, saying we knew we could apply, that we knew it had worked for others, that the ITIN would work in lieu of a SSN. She put us on hold. I'm not sure why she changed her tune or what it was she found but when she came back, she said she could help.

So far the application has been set up and we've been gathering documents, so I don't have anything substantial to add in terms of approval. But I still wanted to note my experience on the phone because it was scaring me to death, having to answer residency questions and getting rejected and having to press the supervisor about the issue.

Just as a reminder: This is the Wells Fargo Student Loan for Parents and you need both an ITIN and a USC co-signer.
Post your reply or quote more messages.