View Single Post
09-21-2012, 09:24 AM
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,653 posts
2Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanandii View Post
Wait, hold up you guys...I just went to an appointment with my lawyer. any who...i showed her my high school transcript which i graduated with a 1.6 or something, basically a c-...she said that the majority of the time she does not accept these cases (like myself) because the people who will determine if we receive our "permits" ARE going to judge us (dreamers) based on our grades. She said they will hardly have face to face interviews. She pretty much nagged me and it sucks because although im in community college, with passing grades, still not impressive, i have a current gpa of 2.064 and that most likely wont impress her. the people will probably reject me. She went on to say that the reason for this is because we (bad grade students) give the "dreamers" a bad name. Apparently the dreamers have to have great grades for they are the ideal models to follow. Which i say is crap!!! Yeah they deserve more than we, but still...i'm an artist, i'm no scholar, i always have been, ive never done well in school. I'm a good person (i like to think so) whose dream of becoming a film maker was lost a long time ago. Yet i looked passed life's harsh realities and decided an associates degree in nursing is great now, i can pretty much say i will help save lives. But nah, not even that is enough i guess. They don't do second chances...which is so depressing. I don't know if i should wait until the next semester to prove to everyone that i can get better grades or just forget it all...its stressing. But please kick ass your senior year!! don't mess up like me...
This is by far the most absurd and most embarrassing thing I've heard in my life. Please let me know where I can see this lawyer so I can slap her across her face. BTW I didn't even realize you said "she" while reading your post and I KNEW straight away this lawyer is a woman..no offence ladies. Forget her, give me your stuff I'll file it for you or I'll give you proper advice. Bottom line. If you qualify, apply RIGHT NOW because its going to get very delayed later on. Don't wait for anything I'm telling you.
Post your reply or quote more messages.