06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
BANNED
From Los Angeles NOT Elle-Ayy
Joined in Nov 2010
851 posts
Thecure
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie32908 View Post
Honorw and Regular. When i found out in High School, I really didn’t pay no mind on my status until I hit Junior year and found out i couldn’t get financial aid to go to college, i went from wanting to attend a UC or Cal State ( i live in Cali) to just Community College. I felt bad because I felt like a belonged in an university instead, i worked so hard in High School to just end up in CC. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong attending a CC, but maybe i wouldn’t have stressed so much in school trying to get all the classes required for university entry, I also didn’t have anyone to mentor me and tell me i could get scholarships n such to help me pay my way to college, i just wanted to do everything on my own.
In the end, I did pretty well my first yr in college, got discourage through financial obstacles and my social life, slacked -off by taking fewer classes. My mentally was "Why rush in to graduating when I wont be able to work after!" BAD BAD BAD! I regret it now... I would have graduated by now if I hadn't dropped-out.
Now I made my life even more difficult, got engaged, had 2 kids (age now 3 and 21 month old), separated from the father (douche thought I wanted to marry him just so I can get my papers and then divorce him, so I left him). Now I’m a single mother, working as a secretary for a Fencing Co., thank goodness I at least have a job, and now getting ready to go back to school in the fall. I am determined to finish school and become a Neonatal Nurse, no matter how hard it will get, it might take me a while but I owe it to myself and my kids.
Damn your story sounds so much like mine. I knew I was undocumented but it all hit me when I was a junior. After taking the SAT's , AP stats, english, Calculus and American History I felt like shit so I didn't even bother going to the AP classes since they didn't count towards graduation. I ended up smoking tons of pot and I placed in the top 10% of my class. When I had my appointment with the counselor for college aspirations, she just said that there was nothing she could do and that I should try to take out a loan. Luckily I got accepted into Pace University but I dropped out because I couldn't handle the course work + work + being engaged + my mom's heart attack. sigh.... Anyway, I chose to become a baker/patissier and I'm gonna be off to SFBI next summer to get certified to make it official. *I graduated HS 6? 7 ? years ago?!
Last edited by Thecure; 06-29-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.