View Single Post
11-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Joined in Oct 2016
26 posts
Mphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2090 View Post
Hey Guys,

Trump is about to screw all of us so I am in the process of starting my AOS by marrying my USC girlfriend of 4 years and have several questions.

Here is my situation:
  • Legally entered the US with a tourist visa at age 14.
  • Overstayed since and have not left the country.
  • Received DACA in 2012 and renewed it in 2014
  • EAD is to expire in December 2017 since my EAD is 3 years. I am assuming the worst that my EAD will be invalid when Trump gets into office.

My problem with the AOS application is that:
  • Will it be suspicious to file the AOS right after we get our marriage certificate from City Hall?
  • As of now, we don't share any bills, bank accounts, addresses, etc. Will it be suspicious to have all of that changed a month before we file the AOS?
  • We have traveled a lot around the US and have a good amount of pictures together.
  • My girlfriend is still in school and has no income but I have been making above the poverty line since I got my EAD and my assets are over 100k. Should I still get a sponsor?
  • What am I supposed to put in the I-864 for her income? $0? Also she has been filing her taxes as a dependent under her parents.

I am planning to see an immigration attorney once we have everything together and have more specific questions.

At this point with Trump elected, I am mentally prepared that I might lose my job and remain unemployed for the next months.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

As long as the marriage is real you don't have to worry about anything.

We have almost the same situation expect that I have been married with USC wife for 7 years and our I-130 is waiting for approval.
Post your reply or quote more messages.