View Single Post
03-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Joined in Aug 2017
112 posts
am1993
Hi guys!

Hope you guys are good. My name's Agnes! I've been a lurker here for about 3 years and finally thought I would say hello Better late than never right? Anyways so my situation is a little different from a lot of people. I came to the United States when I was 11 (freshly 24 now).

Unfortunately, I missed out on DACA privilege by about 2 months, (I didn't even know I was undocumented until I had to file something with Homeland Security; another long story). Yup, I checked out on all the requirements, except for the part that I had to be undocumented before June 15, 2012. Bummer! But this didn't stop me! I went on to college and graduated last year.

Now i'm dealing with life after graduation and finding ways to make money without a social. In college I was able to get by because I live in a state that gives undocumented people a lot of financial aid, which was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Since i've pretty much grown up here most of my life, It will always be where I call home. Obviously I don't want to leave and be banned to seek opportunities elsewhere, so I was wondering what are some creative things you guys did before DACA came along? I'd kindly appreciate your responses!

Thanks and can't wait to hear from you guys
Last edited by am1993; 05-20-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.