View Single Post
11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Joined in Oct 2012
4,293 posts
FlyinAgainstTheWind
Go to pg 1 of Instructions for I-765 and read on the second column titled INTERIM EAD= "An EAD issued to an eligible applicant when USCIS has failed to adjudicate an application within 90 days of a properly filed EAD applications, or within 30 days of a properly filed initial EAD application based on an asylum application filed on or after January 4, 1995. The interim EAD will be granted for a period not to exceed 240 days and is subject to the condition noted on the document.The interim EAD provisions apply to individuals filing Form I-765 based on Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals only after a determination on deferred action is reached.

30 Days=For asylum applications only
" or within 30 days of a properly field initial EAD application based on an asylum application filed on or after January 4, 1995.
90 days= For all other non asylum applications
"An EAD issued to an eligible applicant when USCIS has failed to adjudicate an application within 90 days of a properly filed EAD applications"
90 Days for DACA applicants=Only after Deferred action has been granted.
The interim EAD provisions apply to individuals filing Form I-765 based on Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals only after a determination on deferred action is reached.

So, if your DACA is granted and you haven't received an EAD within 90days you get an interim EAD that will be valid for 240 days. BUT DACA HAS TO BE GRANTED FIRST.
EAD: February 7, 2013 SSN:Already Have DL:Gonna take a month or two..haha.never bothered to learn..too scurred
Post your reply or quote more messages.