View Single Post
06-14-2018, 01:20 AM
From Fort Worth, Texas
Joined in Dec 2008
904 posts
john_smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcend View Post
The pace at which people can obtain green card is too slow. As soon as the application floodgates open up, there will be hundreds of thousands of Dreamers who will have to wait YEARS in order to get their cards. Not to mention the potential number of beneficiaries is a lot larger now that legal Dreamers are added to the equation.

They really should increase the # so that all DACA can obtain gc instantly after the 5 yr period. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an extra 30-40k visas a year that can be kept in escrow to get to the 800k mark by 6 th year.
This is not entirely true. There will be 400,000 GCs up for grabs in 5 years, maybe up to 450,000. Sure, some will have to wait 5 more years most less than 3 years, but with the visa you wont be stranded. You will be able to travel. You will be able todo anything if not more than what you can already do with daca. What else can you complain about? I think is a reasonable plan. Most importanly it expires not until 6 years later, and it can be renewed. I think this covers most of our bases. Not everyone will apply the for GC the first year they become available , some will wait longer, I think it will be okay.

Daca.Us
Last edited by john_smith; 06-14-2018 at 01:32 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.