View Single Post
10-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Joined in Aug 2012
1,882 posts
NotAPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cufnc View Post
So I called my location today and found out my app. was still pending but found out another tidbit of information, that the Initial Verification was sent out Oct. 5, which was 7 days from the date my EAD was issued and then never after that. So I brought up the POMS that I found on this forum a couple of weeks ago (https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110213305) and reminded her that another IV could have been send Oct. 9th but wasn't, and that may be why my app has been waiting for some time. She said she'd let the person who handles "that type of workload" know about my application and ask him to follow up on it.

So just to be sure, I did interpret the procedure correctly, right? And should I go in tomorrow with the POMS printed out and ask that they do another IV in front of me, hope that they're "following up on it," or just wait and be patient because my SSN might come soon anyways. There's pros and cons to each, but I have a DMV appointment on Friday and I'd really like to have my SSN by then rather than canceling my appointment.
Well in essence you are right.
What you need to find out what was the Response from SAVE with the IV, 'Suspect' most likely. Suspect = No favorable response/Not Found/WTF.
After this they look at your app again and send a AV, Additional Verification, this is essentially another IV+Checks more databases, if the response from that you go to the G- form, PAPER

'I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.'
-Thomas Carlyle
Post your reply or quote more messages.