View Single Post
03-20-2017, 06:45 PM
Joined in Mar 2017
487 posts
godsavethequeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitneck View Post
Let's look at both sides of the argument here.

On one hand, yes, it's now mid March and DACA is still in place. I'll speak for myself here when i say that i think it's highly unlikely that the administration will use the information you have provided against you when you applied for DACA. It would be counterproductive to try to deport a group of, for the most part, contributing members of society. There's only a small fraction of DACA recipients who have done dumb shit and have had their DACA revoked, but i honestly don't think that will affect everyone in the grand scheme of things.

On the other hand though, the administration has already stated that DACA recipients are still a priority for deportation, even if you guys are at the bottom of the list. Those aren't my thoughts or opinions. This came straight from them.

Therefore in conclusion, and as i have previously stated before; i encourage every DACA recipient to not necessarily live their lives in fear, because it does suck to not know, but rather proceed with caution and have some sort of contingency plan in the event that shit does hit the fan with this incredibly unpredictable administration. There's nothing wrong with being prepared for the worst, and be smart about it, but don't let it dictate your life.

You guys think you're worried?! You have DACA. Your life is a breeze right now compared to those of us who don't have shit for protection, lol.
You got a point, but as much as I want protection for every undocumented to happen, it will never happen. Any action to grant legalization to all illegals will fail and be called amnesty. More and more people are becoming more conservative by the years especially in former blue states like Pennsylvania and the northeast, and they have a nationalistic attitude on immigration, that's why Trump won. Hell, they don't even want legal immigration through H1b visas. Just MAYBE there will there be partial amnesty to dreamers as a compromise for the wall.
Last edited by godsavethequeen; 03-20-2017 at 07:19 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.