View Single Post
06-28-2019, 01:39 PM
Joined in Jan 2018
640 posts
cmeow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeag92 View Post
chill out guys. nothing will happen. It is more difficult to take away a benefit than it is giving it, plus can you imagine how it will look to the rest of the world if 700k+ people all of a sudden lose their jobs and are on their way to being deported? the u.s government will not look good at all
It won't be like that. They'll let your EAD expire so 700k people over the span of 2 years.

If this was 20 years ago I agree Congress would've done something. But now there's just so much partisanship that one party just does stuff to spite the other or make sure they don't get any "wins", even when a policy has 80% support from democrats and republicans. The only person in the Senate is Graham and the only possible person in the WH is Kushner that may speak on behalf of dreamers. That's not reassuring by any means, especially when there's people working against Graham and Kushner in the Senate and in the WH.

Now days, you stop bills from passing by adding stuff to it where people can't reach a consensus anymore. It's also unfortunate that it's exactly how Trump likes to negotiate. He'll ask for a lot of stuff (but in my opinion he's willing to compromise) but the hard liners keep pushing him to ask for more and more to the point where dems don't think Trump is serious. It irritates him more so he'll ask for more and more and the vicious cycle continues.

The fact that the republicans can't see taking the DACA issues away from dems during the election year helps them a lot shows me how partisan the system really has become.

I really do hope something positive happens. USA act or better is addressing the DACA problem. Anything less is worse than the current state of DACA.
Post your reply or quote more messages.