Thread: DACA to AOS
View Single Post
07-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Joined in Jun 2010
1,214 posts
Dream becomes Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Hey guys I'm in the same boat. I applied for daca and my lawyers are about to send my AOS application. They recommend not applying for a work permit since I have one pending for my daca renewal. I'm not sure what to do. They said it would delay my application since I have two work permit applications and I should try to keep things as less complicated as possible. But with the delay we're experiencing with renewals, I'm wondering if this is a good move. Any advice from people who've been through this would be greatly appreciated.
When. I applied for my AOS last October I didn't bother applying for a work permit because my DACA work permit was scheduled to expire in September 2016 so I had about a year. However, I would definitely apply for a work permit under the AOS category in your case because (a) you do not have to pay extra money for it, (b) if it is pending past a certain amount of time you can be granted an interim one that will allow you to continue working while your AOS is pending and (c) the Biometrics for your AOS will also cover an EAD petition as well. I think it is worth applying for, why not? Best wishes!
Became a Naturalized United States Citizen 11/2019! (This is a miracle!)
Post your reply or quote more messages.