View Single Post
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
88 posts
xTunax
So yesterday I went to apply to the Osceola campus of Valencia. I explained my situation to this very nice lady. She explained that, I would have to classify as independent to be able to apply, because of my parents being undocumented. And that I would have to pay out of state tuition, until I was legally here for 1 year.

She asked me what was my status and I showed her my EAD. She saw the c33 classification, and said that the international student services would know something about that.

There was no international service center at the Osceola campus so I had to go to the West campus.

Today I went to the West campus, and another lady explained that I could apply for instate tuition, and that the Osceola campus is misinformed. She asked for my EAD, and the I-821 letter. She then said, that I would need residence proof. The ones that I had were:
  • Tier 1:
    High school Transcripts
    proof of purchase of a permanent home
  • Tier 2:
    Utility bill of 12 consecutive months
    copy of lease agreement and proof of 12 consecutive months of payment

You need at least 2 things, it doesn't matter from which tier. you can find the rest here
http://valenciacollege.edu/admission...nttuition3.pdf

Also she said that Valencia accepts undocumented students (those with no DACA). They have to pay out of state though. She said that the Osceola campus is misinformed, and that you should apply to the West campus.
Post your reply or quote more messages.