View Single Post
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
6 posts
ejgejgejg
Hello,

I satisfy all the conditions of the Dream Act but I have a question on this part:

"Proof of residence in the United States for a least five (5) consecutive years since their date of arrival"

I arrived in the US when I was 10, I'm 23 now - but throughout the last 13 years I have left the country for vacations/family meetings and come back. I have always been in status (either as a child on my Father's H1B visa, or as a child on a E2 investor visa). Basically my question is: do you start counting the time you are resident based on your last i-94 (which would be 2 years) or from your FIRST entry date. It would be easy to prove I have been living here since I attended high school and college here all full time. I don't want to get my hopes up for the Dream Act only to have them ding me on a technicality but it's happened before...

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: To clarify, some of my background: my VISA is currently expired, but my i94 is still good (expires soon) - so I know I have to leave the country pretty soon - within 180 days if I'm correct. I aged out of my parents green card application which finally went through.
Last edited by ejgejgejg; 04-01-2009 at 05:39 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.