View Single Post
11-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
207 posts
NeverLookBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by iawia9010 View Post
I am seriously paying for international fees at a moment due to not having a SSN, not a joke! If I821/I-821D will help me get SSN and colser to become citizen of U.S., it will help my lower my tuition. How is this trolling? Please, explain this to me? I am really desperate here. Do you have any idea how much the university international tuition compare to people who has SSN? Again, I am not trolling here.

How is the logic starting from: approved I821/I-821D, getting SSN, getting a job for income, become citizen for lower tuition, and use the money to pay for school is a bullshit and makes me a troll?

If my ideal logic is wrong, please, feel free to correct me. Do not falsely accuse me based soloy upon my ignorance. I thought this is a place to help who is in need.
Listen my dear, you are quite mistaken. We aren't here to offend you and I hope you aren't taking it to heart what others say. I'll try and answer some of your questions.

Deferred Action, whether approved or not, is in fact not a pathway towards citizenship. It's basically a "Relief Program" which provides us with the benefits of being able to work and getting a driver licence. It's not the Dream Act (if you never heard about it, I suggest you google it), which is a bill that would actually provide us with a pathway towards citizenship (Never passed congress).

You will get a SSN, but it doesn't mean that you are immediately qualified for in-state tuition. It depends in which state you live in, and which school you go to.
For example, I live in Florida and I know just about 3 schools that provide in-state tuition for Deferred Action applicants that gotten approved.

Check out my Visual Art page please! www.facebook.com/NoiAmarArt
"Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey"
Post your reply or quote more messages.